Talya Medical Center takes great care of a good patient screening and selection but also it is important to have reasonable expectations and of course we offer you the care of an experienced surgeon.LASER EYE SURGERY has been proven to be safe and effective for most people. Here we would like to inform you regarding the advantages and even if less disadvantages of EYE LASER SURGERY:
Some of so many advantages of LASER EYE SURGERY:
- It corrects vision. Around 90% of patients will have their desired vision after EYE LASER SURGERY. An enhancement can further increase this number.
- Vision is corrected nearly immediately or by the day after LASER EYE SURGERY.
- No bandages or stitches are required after LASER EYE SURGERY.
- Adjustments can be made years after LASER EYE SURGERY to further correct vision.
- LASER EYE SURGERY is able to accurately correct most levels of myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), and astigmatism.
- The procedure is fast, usually lasting only five to 10 minutes, and is associated with very little pain.
- Because the laser is guided by a computer, it is very precise and results are very accurate.
- In most cases, a single treatment will achieve the desired outcome; however, enhancements are possible if needed, even many years after the initial surgery.
As mentioned there can be some disadvantages to LASER EYE SURGERY :
- Because each patient will heal slightly differently, results may vary from patient to patient.
- EYE LASER SURGERY may make dry-eye symptoms worse in certain individuals.
- Changes made to the cornea cannot be reversed after LASER EYE SURGERY.
- EYE LASER SURGERY can rarely cause a loss of "best" vision. Your best vision is the highest degree of vision that you achieved while wearing your contacts or eyeglasses.